My client is a global youth media company and the industry leader in producing and distributing the best online video content in the world. Launched in 1994, they now operate out of 36 countries, and has expanded into a multimedia network, including the world’s premier source for original online video. They own an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; and a book-publishing division.
Their digital channels are vast including a sports channel, a food channel, a dedicated news channel, a music discovery channel and a video-driven fashion site, to highlight just a few.
The client also maintains a brand strategy and creative services arm of its business. It helps brands develop marketing platforms with an emphasis on digital media, content creation and consumer engagement. Their stable of clients includes a range of consumer brands, ranging from lifestyle to technology to FMCG. It’s is this arm of the business where the role of ‘Strategist’ will be home.
- · Develop best-in-class strategic recommendations to briefs that range from devising content strategies to full communication programmes to rebranding, from both retained and pitch clients.
- · Interrogate and reinterpret briefs. Truly get to the core of the task at hand and gather an understanding of the wider commercial, brand and consumer context.
- · Lead research on briefs to derive inspiring insight.
- · Have a deep understand of consumer behaviour and identify emerging consumer trends.
- · Work dynamically in team – collaborate with the creative team to ensure the strategic vision is effectively brought to life while brand goals are kept firmly in sight.
- · Actively work with and contribute to the success of the team.
- · Integrate with other key departments to improve all areas of the briefing and response process.
- · 3+ years of experience in media and/or a creative environment, with focus on developing brand, campaign and content strategy.
- · Deep knowledge of technological, [socio] cultural and media trends.
- · Work on international brands, across categories.
- · Strategic. Deep understanding of brand marketing and how to build brilliant strategies across multiple verticals.
- · Excellent storytelling, verbal and written communications skills. This includes the ability to bring an idea to life and confidently pitch that idea to clients, run meetings and write strategy papers with the relevant input from the Head of Agency, Strategy Director and Creative Director.
- · Articulate with critique of both strategic approach and aesthetic execution.
- · Proactive and independent work ethos.
- · Passionate and curious approach to innovative and non-traditional brand communications.
- · Experience presenting to a high level
- · Experience of Apple Keynote required
- · Workshop facilitation experience
- · Experience of using brand metrics / tracking tools
- · Evidence of thought leadership in and around brands (a blog, white paper, articles etc.)