This client provides a highly collaborative, end-to-end custom content service for their corporate clients. They produce editorial and visual content that helps their clients achieve their strategic marketing, communications, and commercial objectives.
The role of the Sales Manager is to identify and develop new business opportunities within their territory to enable our client to achieve its long-term growth plans.
This involves selling bespoke content solutions to senior marketers within large business-to-business organisations.
This encompasses the following points, although not necessarily limited to these:
Sales & Territory Management
- Implementing the sales strategy and working in collaboration with the Commercial Director.
- Identify priority companies to target and prospective customers within these organisations.
- Developing relationships and driving new business within the assigned sales territory.
- Managing the entire sales process for any given sales opportunity including but not limited to; contacting prospects, pitching our proposition, arranging meetings, writing proposals, negotiating fees and drawing up contracts.
- Using the CRM system to track progress for each client and manage the sales territory effectively.
- Giving accurate sales forecasts to the commercial director on a regular and timely basis.
- Meeting or exceeding monthly and annual sales targets.
Project Management & Internal Collaboration
- Collaborating with the rest of the team to ensure effective account management and client liaison—and helping ensure positive client feedback on projects, and thus repeat sales.
- Creating proposals, in collaboration with the editorial team, and pricing projects.
- Giving input on the development of our products and services, the pricing of our offering, marketing efforts, and other elements related to driving the growth of the business.
- Administrative support, such as helping on invoicing, chasing payments, updating management systems, and so on. The reality is as a small, growing business we all get involved in a range of these tasks.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 4 years sales experience in the media or publishing industries.
- Have a proven track record of selling custom content and marketing solutions to senior marketing & communication executives within major business-to-business organisations.
- Some experience of research methodologies an advantage.
- Experience of selling to the financial services & professional services sectors.
- Feel comfortable calling and meeting with senior executives in large organisations.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and comfortable using online CRM tools.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the changing media & publishing landscape.
The Client is committed to providing feedback on how the role is going, and to revisit objectives for each quarter.