This multi-media platform is established as the leading business-to-business media brand for the UK’s general insurance sector. As Head of Paid Content you will be responsible for all paid content revenue streams including individual and group subscriptions / corporate site licenses and copy sales.
You will focus particularly on generating corporate subscriptions revenues. You will combine highly developed client relationship skills with business development and project management experience. You will also be directly managing the Subscriptions Sales Executive and ensuring this person achieves his/her sales targets.
This is a key senior role within the team, and working closely with the Commercial Director, marketing team and third-party circulation bureaus to develop further the opportunities for the brand.
- Evidence of a clear and structured approach to each client liaison and any follow up proposal
- Maximise efforts to ensure sales targets are consistently achieved and, where possible, exceeded
- Ensure KPI’s are achieved across all areas of responsibility
- Sourcing and development of new business opportunities and management of existing client relationships
- Maintain a good understanding of the brand USPs and products available to sell across the brand portfolio and across all platforms
- Be proactive in bringing relevant sales and/or editorial colleagues into discussions where a potential deal extends into their patch or expertise
- Demonstration of a clear written sales plan to engage with relevant contacts. Likely opportunities, and to highlight where editorial support is needed
- Demonstration of account intelligence through reading of trade press, competition media, associated websites and following any social media feeds e.g. Twitter accounts.
- Responsible for maximising client spend/share of wallet
- Working effectively with central teams including digital, production and marketing in delivering client and brand needs
- Support sales colleagues as and when required and in achieving brand objectives.
- To be aware of market trends and to communicate these to Commercial Director and Publisher
- Lead, motivate and direct activity of Subscriptions Sales Executive to achieve short, mid and long-term sales targets, dealing with poor performance as required and in liaison with HR Manager
- In conjunction with the Commercial Director, set clear objectives and KPI’s for Subscriptions Sales Executive with weekly meetings to review and half yearly formal reviews
- Supervise pipeline management of Subscriptions Sales Executive
- Ensure all sales administration is carried out in an accurate and timely manner
- Assessment of direct report training needs and communication of these to the Commercial Director and HR Manager