This leading integrated creative agency is looking for a 360 Senior Project Manager to join global technology client account.
The agency is responsible for creating a wide range of through-the-line print and digital content in the UK and across EMEA and the USA. The output varies dramatically, from thought-leadership magazines and articles, through to film, social and experiential.
About the role:
The ideal candidate must have 5-10 years’ experience working as an integrated project manager and will be comfortable leading high-value, multi-channel editorial projects from initial briefing to final delivery. The candidate must have experience working with global brands and be comfortable managing internal and external project teams. A candidate with a can-do attitude, enthusiasm, and the ability to thrive under pressure is a must.
Understanding and articulating the strategic communication needs of market-leading global brands to create robust project plans from initial briefing to delivery. Spotting and troubleshooting risks and monitoring resources and budget throughout the project lifecycle. The Senior Project Manager will work closely with our Account Management, Editorial, Design, Planning and Finance teams to form a creative solution that delivers inspiring content across multiple formats on time and within budget, to the appropriate audience.
The client is looking for someone who can implement and govern project management best-practice and process across all facets of the account. The SPM will be responsible for all aspects of a project’s life cycle, including but not limited to the creation and maintenance of accurate project plans; budget tracking and reporting; risk and issue management; accurate scoping, estimating and ensuring resources are allocated appropriately in accordance with the project plan. The SPM, working in conjunction with members of the account management team, will effectively problem solve in order to ensure the appropriate resources are in place and that the work is conducted in a timely fashion within approved scope and budget while exceeding the clients’ expectations.
- Taking ownership for the creation of accurate project plans that work across multi-disciplinary teams, with clearly defined milestones, deliverables and tasks
- Working with Account Management and Editorial to scope and budget the project, whilst defining deliverables and tasks
- Overseeing the weekly resource plan. Ensuring resources are assigned appropriately throughout each project’s lifecycle. Whilst resolving resource issues as they arise
- Coordinating client and internal project status meetings to ensure work is being reviewed and improved
- Working towards the successful completion of the agreed project deliverables within scope, time and budget. Maintaining quality standards
- Accountable for staying within the agreed budget and for informing stakeholders and the client of any changes to scope and/or issues that arise throughout the project; whilst making appropriate recommendations as to how to proceed
- Create highly defined, easy-to-understand statements of work and project programmes; ensuring scope is clearly defined and costs match what is outlined in the project plan
- Lead implementation of PM methodologies and processes collaborating with internal stakeholders and client-side to facilitate efficient working practices across all workstreams
Project managing the entire lifecycle of complex scalable projects including video and stills shoots, print projects, digital delivery etc
Qualifications and experience:
- Interrogating briefs alongside account management and creative leads to create clear SOWs
- Creating and monitoring detailed project plans and status trackers
- Allocating appropriate project resource
- Recommending and implementing robust project processes
- Delivering localized, complex, omnichannel projects, from print and film to DOOH
- Managing and motivating internal teams & stakeholders (both internal and client-side)
- Commissioning and managing third-party suppliers, freelance contracts and resource budget
- Tracking and reporting in-flight project health to both clients and creative teams, whilst controlling and troubleshooting potential project risks
- Presenting creative work in-line with necessary technical and functional specifications
- Overseeing the project change control process across all project deliverables
Skills and knowledge:
- Proven project experience leading medium-to-large editorial and content-first projects within an omnichannel creative agency
- Knowledge and experience implementing project management methodologies and processes
- Using project management tools such as Asana, Instagantt, Trello, Smartsheets or similar, to manage projects and resource
- Ability to work collaboratively in a creative environment while keeping projects on schedule and within budget
- Experience leading project teams and reporting to global clients, in a client-facing capacity
- Experience setting up and tracking project deliverables whilst mitigating and trouble-shooting risks
- Ensuring project deliverables are delivered to the highest quality
- Delivering online and offline content to a multi-platform audience, including trans-creation/localisation, assets for social channels, asset toolkits etc
- Ability to interrogate and articulate complex briefs; assessing risks and determining dependencies to both and internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present information in verbal, written or visual form to a variety of audiences, from the internal team to top-tier client stakeholders
- Understanding and experience commissioning third-party suppliers, negotiating usage rights and managing production budgets
- Understanding of privacy and cookie laws (GDPR, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite tools
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite