The appointment reports to Senior Account Director
Line reports include Deputy Editor, Managing Editor, Digital Editor.
This role will be primarily working on a fast-paced global b2c account, the editor is vital in driving the evolution of its print and digital magazines, ensuring that the strategy remains continually relevant to client objectives, audience needs and reflects current trends and behaviours. Whilst the ‘given’ foundation skills for the role are craft and organisation, the editor is also charged with talent and thought, to deliver best in class strategy, service and people for the core project and ad hoc projects as required.
- Strong commercial acumen: identifying and realising opportunity as it arises
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate others
- Strategic direction: shaping and owning creative solutions that complement
the brand, the customer and all actual/potential content platforms
- A natural flair to persuade and convince, bringing both clients and your team
with you Talent development: motivating and inspiring others to get the best out of
- Technical fluency to articulate the ‘art of the possible’ within both existing
and potential work streams
Key Responsibilities (Issue To Issue)
- Develop and deliver on-brand creative concepts/strategies (from client briefing right through to final layout) working with the Art Director, Deputy Editor and other team members as required.
- Present creative proposals to clients (face-to-face and via conferencing), clearly demonstrating the strategic underpinning of each in terms of brand position, audience, channel etc.
- Address client amends, feedback and concerns, challenging where appropriate and finding solutions that work for the client while retaining editorial integrity
- Commission journalists and other contributors as required, ensuring they meet the agency requirements and approved supplier checklist.
- Manage the editorial budget and ensure all paperwork (commissioning forms, model release forms, insurance) is captured to protect the agency from any legal action.
- Work with the Managing Editor, Senior Art Director and Deputy Editor to ensure that every iteration of the print and digital magazine maintains a consistent, on brand, tone of voice and visual identity in line with the clients business objectives and brand proposition.
- Direct meetings within account to evolve the print and digital output, including distribution methods, leveragability, and additional content opportunities to prove client ROI and help grow the business.
Key Responsibilities (Day To Day)
- Build good, trusted relationships with day-to-day and senior clients, ensuring the agency maintains a strong presence with the client as a valued partner.
- Manage the performance and work of the Deputy Editor, Managing Editor and Digital Editor, motivating, nurturing and inspiring talent to maintain a best in class team, to ensure the work exceeds both the agency and client expectation.
- Grow the network of freelancers and contributors across the globe to secure the best talent, relationships and rates for the client.
- Attend global meetings such as product immersion events, editorial brand forums and co-creation meets, to learn about the clients latest products, challenges and requirements, identifying opportunities for additional revenue streams.
- Stay abreast of industry developments as a whole and be fully versed in the clients latest line-up and technology offering from market to market.
- Identify and help to leverage new opportunities to deepen existing client relationships and grow the business
- Be au fait with the ever-changing digital landscape (from UX to social media), factoring in trends and developments relevant to the client and current scope of work and those that present an opportunity to grow the business.
- Attend inter-agency meetings and feed into the wider strategic work across the business on pitches and existing accounts as required.
Key Personal Attributes
- A natural, dynamic leader who stimulates the unprompted respect of both clients and colleagues alike
- A born communicator
- Highly motivated and always positive, you are able to both manage and
inspire your team on any joint task but equally capable of delegating responsibility, allowing you to work independently to meet conflicting deadlines.
A perfectionist, dedicated to constantly evolving the work for the betterment of the brand.
For more information, speak with Ross.