This client builds content strategy and industry-leading creative that delivers results for some of the world’s biggest brands. They work across many sectors, from technology to retail, automotive to entertainment. They create, build and deliver content in multiple channels including digital, video, print and social.
About the role
The client is looking for an ambitious Digital and Motion Art Director with the vision and design skills to help take the creative work forward on two of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands. It’s a truly multi-channel role and is ideal for someone with major ambitions to create industry-leading, award-winning work across all platforms. You’ll contribute towards the creative output of content across all platforms. You will be heavily involved in every part of the creative process, from ideation through to asset creation and delivery. You will be expected to work fast to tight deadlines, and to exceptionally high production values.
Your experience and portfolio of work must demonstrate that you have worked with big brands and that you can think strategically. You’ll be a design all-rounder with particularly strong experience in digital, excellent knowledge of the full Adobe Creative Suite, as well as experience in motion design. You will need to be able to demonstrate your knowledge and experience of projects where you’ve used digital, motion and video to deliver brilliant work.
The right candidate will:
- Have at least four years of commercial experience working for a creative agency.
- Have an ability to generate and execute exciting digital ideas.
- Possess a natural flare for design and a strong eye for detail.
- Showcase the ability to demonstrate a solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Indesign, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Hold a clear understanding of the web and app development processes.
- Be able to take projects through from concept to execution and delivery.
- Be able to maintain brand consistency throughout projects.
- Have a keen understanding of UX and UI best practises.
- Possess knowledge of HTML coding and CSS.
- Have design and prototyping experience with tools such as Sketch, Marvel or InVision.
- An interest in staying up to date with latest industry trends, including but not limited to Social Media, and VR and AR technologies.
- Have the leadership skills to help existing designers/team members to develop their digital skills/knowledge, and get them inspired about the latest digital trends.
- Have the experience and knowledge of AfterEffects and Premier Pro to be able to create motion graphics and editing.
- Experience & understanding of developing assets suitable for social channels: Linkedin, Facebook Canvas, Instagram Stories, etc.
- Experience of 360 imagery and video / interactive formats a bonus.
- Be detail-obsessed. Quality will be everything.
- Be used to working quickly in a fast-paced environment where meeting deadlines is critical.
- Collaborate closely with the Global Creative Lead and senior editorial team on a wide range of projects, including video, short-form motion and digital design.
- Art directing, overseeing and signing off digital creative assets.
- Lead by doing, proposing head-turning visual concepts and then developing into stunning visual assets (including video) across multiple channels.
- Oversee slick pitch decks, scamps and concept designs to bring ideas to life for clients.
- Develop video from start to finish, including storyboarding and briefing film teams.
- Present and defend work to clients.
- Contribute to creative brainstorming on campaign concepts.
- Working with and directing freelance creatives who come in for ad hoc projects.