This is an integrated creative agency for the age of authenticity. Their unique collaboration of journalism x creativity helps brands tell more true stories.
The agency is looking for a Social Media Copywriter for its fast growth Tech & Entertainment client account. They are responsible for creating a wide range of through-the-line print and digital content in the UK and across EMEA and the USA. The output varies dramatically, from thought-leadership magazines and articles, through to film, social and experiential.
About the role
The primary role of the Social Media Copywriter is to concept and produce content for this client’s North American B2B social channels. This will include:
- Creating drumbeat and campaign content for our client’s primary social channels, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Adapting content for LinkedIn Elevate (basic knowledge of which is a big plus).
- Shaping all aspects of post messaging, including:
- Working with designers to script and storyboard a variety of visual assets, from short-form animation to long-form videos
- Crafting impactful post copy that works holistically with these visual assets to tell a concise, compelling story in-feed.
- Using data insights to develop creative concepts and working with art directors to develop creative treatments that drive increases in key metrics, in line with our broader content strategy
- Ensuring that all messaging adheres to brand standards and our internal social TOV guidelines
- Working with the wider team to develop responses to briefs and social go to market plans for key campaigns and events throughout the year
- Occasionally covering events with either pre-scheduled or (almost) real-time posts
- It goes without saying that you know social inside out, and have up to date, in-depth knowledge of LinkedIn and Twitter
- You have a proven track record of creating social content that drives results by playing to the strengths of channels’ different algorithms and audiences. B2B experience is a bonus.
- You understand the current media landscape and know how to adapt messaging dependent on whether you’re speaking to a CEO, CMO or Media Buyer.
- Ideally, you’ll have worked at an agency, or a trade title, and will have a good knowledge of the advertising industry
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about technology, from AI and ML through to new targeted advertising models
- You care about creating work that will travel, that will have an impact and that will be shared. Deep content, not filler
- You don’t see social as just an amplification channel. You see it as an opportunity to lead and engage in the conversation; something that should be considered at the start of the creative process, not the end.
- Your attention to detail is faultless. If you mistook your for you’re, you’d fire yourself.
- You’re able to turn around copy and messaging quickly, often reacting to moments or comments that are relevant to our social feeds.
- You understand that social is always-on, and don’t mind occasionally having to work slightly different/flexible hours (e.g. covering events)