This leading Content Marketing Agency is looking for a Content Director to join one of its growing Global Technology accounts.
Comprises two elements, working with the two key regions.
- EMEA (approx 60-70%)
- Develop and launch an ‘always on’ content programme for EMEA
- Run campaign content for EMEA markets
- Develop and run a European network of local language expert journalists who can transcreate content for their own market and develop their own local stories.
- Worldwide (approx 30-40%)
- Oversight of campaign-driven content for Workstations and their DaaS offering (most of the work will be done by an incumbent Editor but will need input of Content Director’s expertise)
To input into other B2B client accounts as required (eg, attend brainstorms and strategy meetings).
Content will mostly be targeted at high-level IT decision-makers and CIOs in large enterprises.
It will focus on thought-leadership and business challenges – and how IT can help to solve them – rather than being ‘product push’ content.
It will need to be original, attention-grabbing, thought-provoking and stimulating. Think “Wired meets HBR”.
- Extensive experience of covering the world of enterprise IT as a journalist. Need to be a true specialist in their field.
- Strong understanding of target audience, their business priorities and media consumption habits.
- A strong grasp of multi-channel, multi-format branded content – how to bring story ideas to life in an authentic way for a very hard-to-reach audience.
- Ability to sell those ideas into the client – strong client-facing skills.
- Strong editorial and multi-channel digital content creation skills (so not just writing and commissioning written articles, but also video, infographics and other rich media – as well as experience of, and a good understanding of, web content, social media and email).
- Ability to work closely with strategy and account management team to formulate and implement content plans.
- Team management skills, plus ability to collaborate with – and get the best out of – colleagues in the agency’s B2B hub (eg, Editors, Art Director).
Other areas of interest:
- Agency experience as well as traditional media/journalism experience.
- Experience of commissioning and activating content in multiple languages for multiple markets.
- Speak at least one foreign language.
- Genuine IT experience (eg, a degree in computer science, experience of working in IT).
For more information please speak with Ross.