Relationship Builder? ..
Commercially focused with a creative eye and a consultative approach to develop appropriate business .. If so, I’d love to hear from you to talk about a fresh thinking creative communications agency we are representing! ..
This extremely slick communications agency specialising in magazines and digital projects is looking for a Snr Sales Executive to maximize advertising revenues across their portfolio and to create incremental revenue for the titles through creative selling of advertorials, booklets, competitions, sponsorship etc.
- To plan time in order to sell to agency and client contacts on deadline.
- To make the necessary appointments with agencies and clients far enough in advance to achieve objectives within the planned time period.
- To plan and prepare individual presentations for clients/agencies.
- To create a tactical sales plan for agreed clients, agencies or categories across titles.
- To evaluate and execute creative new business opportunities.
- To have a very strong understanding of the FMCG and retail sectors
- Excellent account management from initial sale through to the magazine being published
- To identify and maintain regular contact with decision-makers controlling advertising budgets within the advertising agencies
- To faithfully represent both titles and the company.
- To continually maintain and collate all facts available concerning the title that are of benefit in sales conversations with advertisers.
- To follow up business leads in a timely and efficient manner.
- To create additional revenue through creative selling.
- To react accurately and efficiently to enquiries and requests from advertisers and agencies.
- To negotiate responsibly and in accordance with company objectives.
- To be responsible for all business up until the advertisement copy leaves the Production team.
- To maintain a clear record of all activities and contact reports
- To gather and report, within the team, all information regarding the market, competition etc. of relevance tot he title or the company.
- To use the tactical sales plan as an organisational tool.
- To be an example of excellence in sales activity and representation.
- When required, and in agreement with the commercial team to share in the running of the department by performing delegated tasks.
Selling Skills – Minimum Requirements
- Agency handling/selling to media planners, buyers and client direct selling
- Phone and face to face
- Fact finding & research – the use of research to construct and manage sales story