This very prominent Global Outdoor advertising solutions provider is looking for a Client Director to manage and motivate the London sales teams.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
To manage and motivate one of the Trading teams; developing the roles and responsibilities of individuals by addressing training Responsible for; needs and identifying/monitoring key objectives. Negotiating campaigns to meet and surpass minimal budgets and targets.
- Communication of quarterly target requirements across each business.
- 1-2-1 monthly meetings with each team member
- Presentation of sales figures during weekly sales meeting
- Agree with direct reports annual revenue targets
- Regular visits to Poster Specialists to establish and maintain long-term working relationships with all their buyers
- To influence the media decision and drive revenue
- To liaise with the Agency Teams to enable smooth running of all accounts
- Responsible for the sales process from Trading through to paperwork, and provision of after-sales service with the Poster Specialist across all formats. This will require competent communication skills between the various Agency departments and all administration personnel.
- To help CTU Assistant update and produce availability across all formats
- To generate the maximum amount of revenue across all formats
- To aid and support the Director of Trading, in their absence for management meetings, holidays and also at times of busy periods
- A desire to progress through the business with a clear and defined role
- To adhere at all times to Company confidentiality regarding clients, revenue and campaigns booked
- Attendance and running, when required, of weekly sales meetings to give updates on recent bookings; short-term and long-term opportunities; potential leads; updates on competitors’ activities and missed advertising spend; review current sales contribution by Group in comparison to previous year/quarter
MANAGEMENT AND EFFICIENCY OF TEAM
- Regularly update team, colleagues and direct reports of sales activity; encourage exchange of ideas
- Maintain constant feedback to colleagues from Specialist meetings/negotiations
- Manage all specialists opportunities and meetings through CRM
- Identify personal training needs and those of team members
- Provide assistance/guidance to team with regards to Sales Policy
- Constantly assess skills base and experience of team – reallocate specialist where further personal development can be achieved; formally appraise staff once a year
- Be aware of potential recruitment opportunities
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Computer literate
- Skilled in the use of CRM
- Higher education preferable but not essential
- Proven management experience required – to motivate, train, set objectives, etc
- At least 5 years experience in managing/developing a sales team required
- Must be articulate and a clear-thinker with excellent personal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational ability, including good time-management skills
- Self-motivated and self-managing, able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision
- Good persuader and influencer at all levels, who leads by example
- Assertive without being aggressive or arrogant
- Professional approach including an awareness of confidential Company information
- Smart appearance
HOURS OF WORK Flexible attitude towards 9 am – 5.30 pm working i.e. working hours over and above the standard either for corporate entertaining (e.g. evenings, occasional weekend trips etc) or for heavy workloads within the Group or Department.