Business Objective of Role
Consistently deliver outstanding design work on time and on budget – managing the client relationship, team and contacts on all live projects within that process as needed.
Within their wider philosophy to ‘get creative everywhere’, identify the right creative responses clearly and effectively, then direct and mentor the right resource to deliver it (alongside the BD and PM’s). This involves a strong brand guardianship approach and an absolute commitment to driving exceptional and efficient standards of work. The knowledge skills and behaviours shown should consistently inspire, improve and develop all who come into working contact.
Key Areas of Accountability – General
- Design Direction: craft and deliver outstanding visual assets across multiple channels, seeking continuous improvement within that process.
- Manage the end to end visual creative process: from ideation and pitch through to briefing-in, asset creation and delivery.
- Manage creative responsibilities and workflow: within the project teams as needed.
- Follow the agency’s overarching strategic and creative processes and the essential elements of client servicing.
- Client Relationships: manage client relationships on a day to day basis, ensuring strong pitch decks, scamps, presentations and concept designs to bring ideas to life.
- Resource management: manage your projects within the budget allocated, including freelance engagements.
- Collaborative working: with all senior creative leads, account management and project management on client briefs to ensure work that drives organic growth within the account.
- Sector/Brand understanding: Demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s business and sector along with their competitive landscape
- Talent management: where required, proactively manage your direct reports through a bi-annual appraisal process and through fostering a feedback culture, identifying training needs and creating opportunities for development.
- Knowledge share: proactively share knowledge and experience across the agency through coaching, mentoring and training
Key skills, knowledge and behaviours:
- Excellent design skills and leadership –strong creative judgement, strong strategic thinking, strong industry knowledge
- Excellent generation and delivery of ideas and concepts – across all channels and formats.
- Excellent communication skills – highly articulate and clear, with the ability to own relationships as needed with day-to-day clients.
- Talent Development – confident leadership of talent, able to direct, inspire and develop those around you.
- Attention to detail – consistent and high qualitative standards throughout.
- Organisational ability – strong time management skills and an ability to work well in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are critical.
- Be an ambassador for values and thinking – an advocate of our values across team, department and wider agency.
- Delivery of brilliant design strategy and work as judged through the agency quality control process
- Positive performance against personal objectives in bi-annual Appraisal (including 360 feedback from key internal and client contacts)
- Positive day-to-day client satisfaction scores
- Ability to manage projects in a client facing role
- Active participation in training and wider agency development from departmental meetings to training events
- At least 5 years’ experience in an agency or similar environment working with big brands.
- Be a highly versatile, experienced content creator, with excellent skills across the full Adobe Creative Suite and impressive skills across digital media, print, EDM, sales collateral, video and animation
- Extensive experience in a client facing role
- Experience of managing teams and talent
- Specialist experience within relevant industry sectors
- Digitally literate (preferably experience of Outlook, Word, Excel, Keynote)
Reports to: Chief Creative Officer