The Head of Data Strategy is a new and critical role in accelerating the strategic direction of this leading agency.
The agency already has top-grade leaders to deliver every aspect of the PESO model other than for Paid Media. These include some of the industry’s best experts in B2B Research, Content, Creative, Digital, PR, Inbound and Experiential.
The Head of Data Strategy is a senior management role with responsibility for three key areas of the business:
1 Grow the group’s net revenues originating from Paid Media as part of the mix; set up and drive the growth of non-time-based products and revenue models (including the set-up of third-partner partnerships) and manage appropriate resources
2 Oversee client strategy and execution for the Paid Media component
3 Directly support agency innovation
4 Drive the social offering for listening, monitoring and influencer campaigns to include setting campaign hypothesises, benchmarking research and the use of social data for wider campaign planning
5 Ensure Best Practice techniques are understood and implemented across digital marketing activity to deliver optimal results, including email, SEM, SEO, paid and social.
6 Reporting and Optimisation.
• Participate in external marketing initiatives, positioned as an authority on data strategy and media
• Help to make the agency a great place to work. Do your bit to build morale and to make work fun by demonstrating best practice in the Group values, mission, and vision
• Be positive and a force for good in the team encouraging the sharing of advice, knowledge and best practice – all working towards one goal
• Contribute to an innovative, collaborative and cooperative work environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience in connecting data and insights from multiple digital channels to understand the customer journey & support decision-making
• Experience in marrying digital analytics (behavioural) with business needs to build and communicate insights to drive outcomes for clients
• Demonstrable evidence of integrating various data sources to complete a full story on digital performance and provide data-driven recommendations and actionable insights drawn from qualitative and quantitative information
• Experience with various analytics and aggregate platforms such as Google Analytics, Marin, Marketo Revenue Cycle Analytics, Salesforce.com reports, Tableau, etc.
• Experience working on digital analytics strategies across channels, including owned & paid channels, SEO, and marketing automation
• A strong understanding of UK B2B audiences (preferably also US and EMEA), especially technology buyers and influencers
• Experience of PPC, demand generation, and ABM programs
• Proven track record of successfully delivering client campaigns resulting in tangible lead-generation outcomes
• Proven track record of securing and growing B2B media client revenues
• Demonstrable evidence of innovation within the media sector
• Strong data analysis skills including data validation, ROI analysis, and the ability to spot trends and drive ideas forward
• CRM expertise, including data acquisition, profiling, normalisation, management and reporting
• UX expertise, including ability to design and implement user testing and analysis through various online and off-line instruments
• Consistent and successful track record of performance
• Highly articulate and able to make key points in direct and compelling manner
• Highly collaborative with strong project management skills
• High energy, ‘can-do’ spirit/self-starter
• Ability to manage to aggressive deadlines while staying true to strategic outcomes
• Willingness to work both on strategy and execution, training up more junior team members
• Enjoys maintaining a strong understanding of the latest technologies and digital trends / best practices
• Ability to challenge the norm and positively disrupt traditional thinking and working practices and willingness to learn new skills, ideas
You will report to the Director of Strategy & Planning
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 27 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests.
Central London, £40k Central London
New York, US., ¢100k+Comm's+Company Bens
Central London, £70k + Company Benefits inc: 25days, Pension, Healthcare.
Central London, 50k + comm's = Yr 1 £60-70k
to £60k (neg) + comm's = Yr 1 £80k+, Central London
Farnham, Surrey., 50k + Excellent Bonus (tbc)