This leading global content marketing agency is looking for a Project Manager to join a growing, global account. The ideal candidate will be experienced in managing digital projects from inception to completion, has worked with global brands, has a creative eye, is enthusiastic, motivated and thrives under pressure.
Overview of the Role
Understanding the needs of a market-leading, global brand and creating a robust project and technical plan for delivery to budget. Getting under the skin of a brief, the PM will work with their Planning, Finance, Account Management, Editorial and Design teams to form a solution that delivers inspiring content in multiple formats for a global client and a global audience.
The client is looking for best-practice project management direction on all facets of the account. The DPM will be responsible for all aspect of the project/s, including but not limited to, the creation and maintaining of accurate project plans; budget tracking and reporting; risk and issue management; accurate scoping, estimating and ensuring resources are allocated appropriately within the project plan.
The PM will work with members of the account management and trafficking teams to effectively problem solve to ensure the appropriate resources are in place and that the work is conducted in a timely fashion within approved scope and budget while exceeding the clients’ expectations.
- Takes ownership of the creation of accurate project plans that work across multi-disciplined teams, with clearly defined milestones, deliverables and tasks. Work with Senior Account Director to determine deliverables and tasks.
- Ensure resources are assigned appropriately throughout the life of the project. Work through/resolve resource issues as they arise.
- Manage resource utilisation targets, with the support of the Traffic Manager
- Collaborate on new business efforts to ensure proper estimating and assumptions are made during the proposal/SoW process. The Central point of contact for estimating.
- Ownership and facilitation of client and internal project status meetings.
- Work towards the successful completion of the agreed project deliverables within scope, time and budget maintain quality standards.
- Accountable for staying within agreed upon budget and for informing stakeholders and the client of any changes to scope and/or issues that arise on the project, making recommendations as to how to proceed.
- Create highly defined, easy-to-understand Scopes of Work, ensuring scope is clearly defined and costs match what is outlined in the project plan.
- Lead implementation of PM methodologies and processes collaborating with internal stakeholders and client side to facilitate efficient working practices across all work streams.
- Project managing the entire lifecycle of complex scalable projects including content managed microsites (WordPress, Drupal), e-CRM campaigns, PowerPoints, Animations etc.
Qualifications and experience:
- Professional qualifications preferred (PRINCE2, Certified Scrum Master)
- Running complex, large-scale digital projects
- Managing teams/stakeholders (internal and client-side)
- Where necessary, setting-up and managing suppliers and freelance contractors to an Agile process
- Experience in a client-facing role, being part of the team presenting creative work in-line necessary technical and functional specifications
- Owns the project change control process to facilitate all deliverables as defined in the change control process.
- Training Account Management and Creative teams on PM/Agile methodologies (preferred not essential).
Skills and knowledge:
- Proven project leadership experience on small to medium size and moderately complex projects within an interactive agency.
- Extensive knowledge of project management concepts, methodologies.
- Using project management tools such as Assana, Jira, Trelo, Smartsheets or similar, to manage projects and track issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a creative environment while keeping projects on schedule and within the budgeted allowance.
- Knowledge of the technical requirements for setting up and tracking project deliverables
- An understanding of digital content and multi-platform distribution, including mobile/Apps, interactive and responsive websites, assets for social channels
- Email marketing (technical set-up, design/accessibility, distribution)
- Ability to explain complex technical issues and their implications in layman terms to internal and external contacts
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present information in verbal, written or visual form to a variety of audiences, from the internal team to client executives.
- Understanding of privacy and cookie laws
For more information speak with Ross.