This award-winning and fresh thinking creative agency are now looking for a Creative Technology Director to join their London office and to be an integral part of their growing operations.
The broad job description is to:
- Originate creative ideas.
- Introduce emerging technologies into the creative conceptualising process.
- Build prototypes of creative ideas.
- Showcase the latest creative uses of technology to the wider agency.
- Bring human-centric design principles to creative ideas.
- Keep up to date with tech trends and play with the tech to understand it.
- Helping lead projects from briefing through conceptualising, system architecture, development and final delivery.
- Leading strategic and creative thinking for brand utilities and platforms.
- Managing complexity.
- Building prototypes to test ideas, interactions and functionality and therefore help sell through ideas.
- Enabling the workflow to be agile, high quality and delivered on time.
- Managing relationships with clients and their IT stakeholders.
- Sparking creative thinking through emerging technology research and experimentation.
- Knowing software architecture and hands-on coding.
The abilities and approach to the role:
Our client is looking for someone who’s able to provide solutions that properly blend design, technology and strategy. Someone to lead from the front and that will inspire the designers and developers.
You will have front-end and/or back-end developer experience with the desire and ability to work on digital projects from start to finish, developing conceptual ideas with creative teammates and coding the final deliverables. You must have a solid understanding of web production processes and a familiarity with online marketing tactics.
From a broader perspective, you will be charged with inspiring staff surrounding creative technology, sharing your knowledge across departments and helping position the agency as an industry leader in digital experiences.
On a daily basis, you will be tasked with working with a technical team of developers, partnering with strategists, creative directors and creative leads, IA/UX/CX, interactive producers, designers, digital production artists and outside partners to ensure their interactive work product is brilliantly executed.
- Make their work better by leveraging the power of technology and development
- Work closely with strategists, creative directors and the broader interactive team to guide the interactive execution of projects from an interaction design, IA/UX/CX, usability and development perspective
- Work closely with IT to optimize the infrastructure and processes
- Work closely with Creative Managing Partner, Creative Director, Creative Leads, MD and Head of Dev to continually optimize the interactive offering in terms of staffing, process and internal education
- Participate in client meetings where technology/development is discussed
- Present to both internal and external audiences to help educate, inspire and provide thought leadership on interactive technologies
- Work with other members of the creative team to ensure successful implementation and integration of assigned digital projects
- Assist with the generation of ideas for interactive content that utilizes the latest technology while accommodating brand standards, campaign messaging and direct response tactics, as needed
- Develop and maintain clean, high quality, standards-compliant code that is cross-browser/cross-platform UI compatible as appropriate
- Help troubleshoot any associated issues with projects in development
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards, modern web browser capabilities and compatibility issues
Ideally, you’ll have the following experience:
- 10+ years of deep interactive development/production experience with proven expertise and a portfolio of impressive work
- 5+ years of ad agency or digital agency experience
- Experience in managing outside digital production vendors
- Mobile app and mobile web development experience
- Ability to effectively articulate sound recommendations, both internally and with clients
- Possess an understanding and appreciation for fully-integrated marketing
- Understand the strengths and limitations of current and emerging platforms
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
For further information, speak with Ross.