This agency is a fast-growing thought leadership specialist. Their product offering spans three areas: Advisory, a set of services that helps clients to plan and execute effective and differentiated thought leadership campaigns; Research, which encompasses surveys, interview programmes, data modelling and desk research; and Content, which covers multi-format thought leadership campaigns, spanning reports, articles, opinion pieces, visual and interactive content. Their clients include a wide range of blue-chip corporate clients, primarily in professional services, financial services and technology.
They are now looking for a highly-skilled and experienced Account Manager to manage and grow the existing client relationships to help drive the next phase of international growth.
Reporting to the Commercial Director of the Professional Services and Financial Services Practice, you will enjoy working in a fast-moving, dynamic agency environment and be comfortable handling a variety of clients, projects and topics. You will excel at building rapport with top executives, typically senior marketing professionals at leading B2B organisations. The role requires excellent client-facing skills and a strong grasp of how to use research and content to achieve the clients’ marketing objectives. You will have the creativity, drive and commercial insight required to grow their business with some of the largest clients in their portfolio.
You must have a proven track record of business development and be able to demonstrate a hungry approach to opening up new and profitable relationships.
You will be supported by a highly experienced team with editorial & research expertise, and a proven suite of products and services.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ B2B account management experience, ideally working with clients in the professional services sector
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Demonstrable experience of consulting with clients in areas such as publishing, research or content marketing
- Proven track record of contributing personally to substantial revenue growth in your accounts
- Confidence to present our solutions and ideas to executives in pitches and meetings
- Experience in a relevant area such as thought leadership, content marketing or B2B publishing
- Confidence to call and meet with senior marketing executives in large B2B organisations to pitch their value proposition and discuss their needs.
- A strong ideas person, with ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Excellent organizational skills and a meticulous approach to project management
- Ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams (editorial, research) to meet broader campaign objectives
- An awareness of the changing B2B marketing landscape and the growing role that thought leadership content plays within this.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients across multiple projects
- Taking responsibility for ensuring high levels of client service and satisfaction within your key accounts.
- Developing and managing key client accounts, working with the directors and commercial director to ensure renewals and to open up new business opportunities
- Working with our editorial and research teams to develop campaigns built around research and thought leadership content
- Supporting the management of projects across all stages of development, with a focus on meeting the clients’ marketing objectives
- Working on pitches and proposals to develop new business opportunities.
Key performance metrics
- Ability to build strong, profitable relationships with their clients
- Building a pipeline of opportunities and successfully growing individual accounts
- Client satisfaction based on your work, including the ability to respond positively to client feedback
- Demonstrating the ability to develop creative solutions to client needs
- Being able to plan and execute a complex project to the highest standards
- Ensuring deadlines are met
- Success in securing renewed business from key clients based on the quality of your service and work
- Taking the initiative by identifying and tackling tasks where you can materially assist the business
A highly competitive salary with OTE plus a benefits package that includes private healthcare and employer pension contributions.
For more information speak with Ross.